Synex Medical is developing the next generation of non-invasive health sensors to allow for continuous monitoring at the molecular level. Our technology is based on novel techniques in magnetic resonance that allow us to accurately measure critical blood-metabolites completely non-invasively and in highly miniaturized form-factors. We want people to have access to their own metabolism and to make predictive healthcare the norm.
We are an incredibly driven team that are working with the leading experts in our field. We’re looking for a person with experience in machine learning who’s ambitious to tackle hard and exciting problems.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will:
- Work with the team that builds the underlying machine learning and signal processing frameworks that solves one of the hardest problems in health tech.
- Develop advanced machine learning techniques to process and analyze noisy biological magnetic resonance signals.
- Develop machine learning models for denoising tasks and data augmentation.
- Build machine learning solutions for real-time feedback loops in our magnetic resonance hardware and measurements.
- Stay up to date on state-of-the-art ML algorithms and come up with innovative ways of applying them to our technology.
- Work with a team of some of the leading magnetic resonance scientists, electrical engineers, embedded firmware and FPGA designers to produce creative solutions to complex scientific challenges.
- Collaborate with some of the leading ML researchers in our field.
We are looking for someone with:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics / Statistics with 3+ years of experience in a machine learning role in industry or academia.
- Strong foundation in Machine Learning theory and a thorough understanding of various machine learning models, especially in deep learning.
- Experience working with CNNs, sequential models and generative models such as GANs and VAEs.
- Experience with attention mechanisms, including self-attention.
- Experience working with spectroscopic signals or noisy signals in biological systems.
- Strong programming skills in Python and Matlab.
- Experience with ML frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Familiarity with common signal processing and denoising techniques.
- An ambition and drive to tackle hard problems.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working in regulated industries like medical devices.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with signal processing techniques, such as FFTs, wavelet transforms, wiener filters, and others.
- Background knowledge in analytical spectroscopy, magnetic resonance, medical devices or biological systems.
- Competitive salary and company ownership opportunities.
- A diverse and accepting work atmosphere.
- Minimum three (3) weeks of vacation entitlement for all new employees.
- Employee training and development initiatives and support for career advancement (through financial assistance and flexible scheduling).
- Flexibility in working schedule.