Synex Medical is developing the next generation of non-invasive health sensors to allow for continuous monitoring at the molecular level. Our technology is based on novel techniques in magnetic resonance that allow us to accurately measure critical blood-metabolites like glucose completely non-invasively and in highly miniaturized form-factors. We want people to have access to their own metabolism and to make predictive healthcare the norm.
We are an incredibly driven team that are working with the leading experts in our field. We’re looking for a person with experience in software engineering who’s ambitious to tackle hard and exciting problems.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Interface with embedded software, web technologies, and dev-ops to develop software that meets the needs of users as well as R&D teams
- Work with cross functional groups to enable scalable development, both in terms of features and in support of a growing team
- Foster and implement best software development practices amongst contributing members of the team
- Be responsible for keeping detailed notes, participating in the quality system and contribute to the FDA submission of a regulated device
- Work with a team of leading electrical engineers, magnetic resonance scientists, software architects, and machine learning & signal processing engineers to produce creative solutions to complex scientific challenges
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role and demonstrable achievements
- Bachelors in computer science and/or engineering
- Proficient in Python, C and Bash
- Proficient with Linux and Docker/Balena
- Experience with software development processes such as Agile
- Proficient with development tools git and CI platforms
- Experience with network technologies SSH, TCP Sockets
Nice to haves:
- Experience in solving scientific/numerical problems (e.g. signal processing)
- Building and maintaining Yocto Linux systems
- Experience with AWS tools; EC2 & S3
- Competitive salary and company ownership opportunities.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- A friendly and accepting work atmosphere.
- Employee training and development initiatives and support for career advancement (through financial assistance and flexible scheduling).
- Flexibility in working schedule.
- Staff outings / social events.