Synex Medical is developing the next generation of non-invasive health sensors to allow for continuous monitoring at the molecular level. Our technology is based on novel techniques in magnetic resonance that allow us to accurately measure critical blood-metabolites completely non-invasively and in highly miniaturized form-factors. We want people to have access to their own metabolism and to make predictive healthcare the norm.
We are an incredibly driven team that are working with the leading experts in our field. We’re looking for someone with experience in embedded systems development who’s ambitious to tackle hard and exciting problems. The ideal person for this role will have a blend of hardware and software development experience and will excel as an individual contributor to a ground-breaking health monitoring technology.
As an Embedded Systems Engineer, you will:
- Own the embedded platform development of a custom Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) console.
- Interface with custom hardware including digital RF signal chains, analog current drivers, low-noise RF amplifiers, SoC and ASIC platforms.
- Interface with custom application software for embedded platform integration.
- Coordinate with other hardware engineers to define requirements, develop system-level architecture and participate in design reviews.
- Be responsible for keeping detailed notes, participating in the quality system and contribute to the FDA submission of a regulated device.
- Work with a team of leading electrical engineers, magnetic resonance scientists, software architects, and machine learning & signal processing engineers to produce creative solutions to complex scientific challenges.
We are looking for someone with:
- 5+ years of experience with embedded systems and demonstrable achievements.
- BEng, BAsc, BSc or equivalent in electrical engineering, computer engineering, robotics or equivalent.
- Experience with various low-level programming languages, particularly C, C++, and Assembly. Familiarity with Python, VHDL, and Verilog.
- Experience with microcontroller/microprocessor ecosystems and memory management: including RAM, ROM and Flash, and how to develop software where memory is a premium.
- Experience with FPGA development: including embedded Linux (Zynq and Vivado).
- Experience with developing, deploying and maintaining embedded linux platforms
- Experience in moving proof-of-concepts to embedded, real-time systems and interfacing with third-party applications.
- Ability to interpret PCB layouts and functionality, run signal analysis, debugging, assembly and testing of integrated circuits and their components.
- Experience using digital multimeters, oscilloscopes, DAQs, and other equipment to measure, analyze and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- An ambition and drive to tackle hard problems.
Nice to haves:
- MEng, MASc, or equivalent in electrical engineering, computer engineering, robotics or equivalent.
- Experience developing devices in a heavily regulated environment (automobile, aerospace, medical, etc.).
- Experience with MRI and/or NMR hardware and/or software development.
- Ability to process and analyze data using Matlab, and/or Python.
- Competitive salary and company ownership opportunities.
- A diverse and accepting work atmosphere.
- Minimum three (3) weeks of vacation entitlement for all new employees.
- Employee training and development initiatives and support for career advancement (through financial assistance and flexible scheduling).
- Flexibility in working schedule.