Synex Medical is developing the next generation of non-invasive health sensors to allow for continuous monitoring at the molecular level. This will come in the form of a wearable device that will provide users with constant and non-invasive metabolic data. We want people to have access to their own metabolism and to make predictive healthcare the norm.
We are an incredibly driven team that is working with the leading experts in our field. We’re looking for a person with experience in machine learning and management who’s ambitious to tackle hard and exciting problems.
As a Manager of Machine Learning & Signal Processing, you will:
- Hire, develop and retain top-tier technical talent.
- Work with your team in understanding and developing a career path, evaluations, mentoring and setting objectives.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and according to the requirements.
- Act as liaison between different disciplines in the company to ensure integration.
- Work closely with the CEO to design and architect solutions.
- Dive deeply into performance and operational data and work closely with product, business and engineering teams to develop a compelling vision and roadmap.
- Develop advanced machine learning and signal processing techniques to analyze biological and magnetic resonance signals.
- Develop machine learning models for denoising tasks and data augmentation.
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms and create innovative techniques for our technology.
- Collaborate with leading magnetic resonance scientists, hardware and firmware engineers, and software engineers to produce creative solutions to complex scientific challenges.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics / Statistics with 3+ years of experience in a technical leadership and management role.
- Strong foundation in Machine Learning theory, a thorough understanding of various machine learning models, especially in deep learning, as well as their strengths and weaknesses.
- Experience working with CNNs, sequential models and generative models such as GANs and VAEs.
- Experience with sim-to-real transfer learning.
- Strong programming skills in Python and Matlab.
- Experience with ML frameworks like TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Familiarity with common denoising techniques.
- An ambition and drive to tackle hard problems.
Nice to haves:
- A Master’s degree or Ph.D. with an emphasis in machine learning.
- Understanding of signal processing techniques, such as FFTs, wavelet transforms, Wiener filters and others.
- Experience working with spectroscopic signals or noisy signals in biological systems.
- Background knowledge in analytical spectroscopy, magnetic resonance, medical devices
or biological systems.
- A diverse and accepting work atmosphere.
- Minimum three (3) weeks of vacation entitlement for all new employees.
- Company ownership opportunities.
- Employee training and development initiatives and support for career advancement (through financial assistance and flexible scheduling).
- Flexibility in working schedule.