Synex Medical is developing the next generation of non-invasive health sensors to allow for continuous monitoring at the molecular level. Our technology is based on novel techniques in magnetic resonance that allow us to accurately measure critical blood-metabolites like glucose completely non-invasively and in highly miniaturized form-factors. We want people to have access to their own metabolism and to make predictive healthcare the norm.
We are an incredibly driven team and are working with the leading experts in our field. Currently we are looking for someone with experience in mechanical development who is ambitious to tackle hard and exciting problems. This role will be supporting Synex from the R&D phase to Product Design and mass production.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Own the mechanical design of a custom Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) system.
- Analyze and optimize your designs using FEA to ensure performance under all thermal and dynamic conditions in the application.
- Prototype and validate your design with real hardware.
- Provide detailed part design and product documentation.
- Research new, emerging materials and technologies for use in current and future products.
- Produce creative solutions to complex scientific challenges while working with a team of specialized technical personnel; electrical engineers, magnetic resonance scientists, embedded firmware & FPGA designers, machine learning & signal processing engineers.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years experience in both R&D and Product Design environments.
- Strong engineering background with experience in electro-mechanical devices.
- B.Sc in mechanical or mechatronics engineering.
- Thorough understanding of thermodynamics and fluid dynamics.
- Proficient in CAD modeling design and FEA.
During the R&D Engineering phase, you will help:
- Design and assemble mechanical parts for magnet devices, probe assemblies, electronic components and protective casings, using CAD.
- Component and complex system design for thermal, EMI and structural integrity.
- Engineering and qualifying the test system within performance, manufacture, reliability and schedule boundaries.
- Research into materials and component technologies to scope development opportunities.
During the Product Design Engineering phase, you will help:
- Design of injection molded, stamping, sheet metal, CNC and other component parts.
- Authoring of 2D manufacturing drawings using GD&T and inspection instructions.
- Rigorous tolerance analysis of module designs and individual components.
- Direct FEA engineers on evaluation of product designs.
- Collaborate component parts and assembly manufacturing partners on design manufacturability and resolution of mechanical issues.
Nice to haves:
- Experience using skeleton driven CAD modeling and surfacing in SolidWorks.
- Experience in design for assembly/mass production and design for reliability.
- Accessory parts development, (i.e. docking stations, charging cables, etc).
- Surface coatings development, (i.e. metallic, anti-fingerprint, plasma, etc).
- Experience developing devices in a regulated industry, (i.e. medical, automobile, aerospace, etc).
- Hands-on machine shop experience.
- Competitive salary and company ownership opportunities.
- A friendly and accepting work atmosphere.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Employee training and development initiatives and support for career advancement (through financial assistance and flexible scheduling).
- Flexibility in working schedule.
- Staff outings / social events.