Synex Medical is developing the next generation of non-invasive health sensors to allow for continuous monitoring at the molecular level. Our technology is based on novel techniques in magnetic resonance that allow us to accurately measure critical blood-metabolites completely non-invasively and in highly miniaturized form-factors. We want people to have access to their own metabolism and to make predictive healthcare the norm.
We are an incredibly driven team that are working with the leading experts in our field. We’re looking for a person with experience in magnetic resonance spectroscopy who’s ambitious to tackle hard and exciting problems.
As a Senior Magnetic Resonance Scientist, you will:
- Work closely with the NMR team and leading academic collaborators to develop and optimize highly advanced pulse sequences for in vivo measurements.
- Translate existing pulse sequences from high-field spectrometers to use on benchtop and custom systems.
- Build and work with ultra compact, low-field (< 1 Tesla) NMR systems.
- Work with a team of some of the leading electrical engineers, embedded firmware and FPGA designers, and machine learning & signal processing engineers to produce creative solutions to complex scientific challenges.
- Stay up to date on state-of-the-art NMR techniques and come up with innovative ways of applying them to our technology.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ years of experience working on NMR or MRI platforms.
- A Ph.D. with an emphasis on applied Magnetic Resonance. M.Sc with significant and highly relevant experience will also be considered.
- Pulse sequence development experience will be a significant asset.
- Thorough understanding of magnetic resonance theory and NMR/MRI experimental techniques.
- Experience with complex sample and/or biological MR techniques.
- Familiarity with common NMR/MR softwares and pulse sequence programming (e.g. Topspin). Should be able to understand and translate pulse sequences from major NMR/MRI vendors.
- An ambition and drive to tackle hard problems.
Nice to haves:
- Experience with permanent magnet NMR, signal processing and analysis, and NMR hardware.
- Experience with low field NMR (< 1 Tesla) and/or MRI.
- Experience with in vivo MRS techniques.
- Experience with modeling NMR experiments and spin dynamics using Hamiltonian and Bloch equation simulations.
- Competitive salary and company ownership opportunities.
- A diverse and accepting work atmosphere.
- Minimum three (3) weeks of vacation entitlement for all new employees.
- Employee training and development initiatives and support for career advancement (through financial assistance and flexible scheduling).
- Flexibility in working schedule.